Whether you want to boost printing efficiency, colour management performance or sustainability credentials, Commercial Creative Systems has got your back.
We offer the lot; so you don’t have to compromise.
If you’re looking for a supplier with proven expertise, your search is over.
Collectively, our leadership team, Lee and Matt, have more than 40 years’ experience servicing London’s business and creative industries.
Much has changed since we first launched as Wiles Drawing Office Supplies more than 80 years ago.
We blend technical expertise with superior levels of service to ensure printing, proofing and copying equipment is optimised and efficient.
Today, we operate in partnership with Commercial’s portfolio of office services.
And as a holder of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development, we're actively addressing sustainability issues associated with our industry.
Our family origins stretch way back to 1935 when the Wiles family started an office products company supplying to local businesses.
The Wiles family established Wiles of Wembley as a supplier of drawing office products and services to local businesses.
- The Neutron is discovered
- Rowntrees create the Kit-Kat
- US Congress accepts FDR’s “New Deal”
The Duncan family acquired the business
The Duncan family acquired the business and quickly extended it to include office supplies, equipment & furniture, followed by opening a print department.
- The Beatles sign with EMI
- Francis Crisk wins Noble prize for discovering DNA
- Cuba Missile Crisis
The business moved to larger premises still in Wembley.
- Microsoft founded
- Sony introduces Betamax VCR
- Ali beats Frazier in the Thrilla in Manilla
Acquired Garrett’s of Brentford, a predominantly drawing office business with a small print department.
- The Queens Silver Jubilee
- Last person to be executed by guillotine in France
- Official eradication of Small Pox
Opened a branch in Twickenham
Opened a branch in Twickenham.
- World’s greatest robbery; £26 million worth of gold, diamonds and cash stolen from Brink’s-Mat warehouse at Heathrow Airport.
Wembley relocates to Perivale
Our Wembley main branch relocated to larger premises in Perivale.
- Apple Computer Inc unveils its revolutionary Macintosh personal computer
- AIDS first identified
- Union Carbide disaster in Bhopal, India
Windsor branch opens
Opened a branch in Windsor as a graphics centre.
- Live Aid at Wembley
- Rainbow Warrior sunk
- Reagan and Gorbachev meet for the first time
Acquire Hedgehog Town
Acquired Hedgehog/Town a graphics shop in Chiswick.
- British Airways is privatised
- Church of England votes to allow the ordination of women
- Ikea opens in UK for the first time
Our Chiswick branch relocated to a warehouse location in Acton. Established Computer Graphics at Perivale and sold off print works. Acquired Graphic Centres of Oxford & Swindon, plus Cheltenham & Newport Pagnell. Founder of WGS.ink wins Carbon Engineer of the year.
- Tiananmen Square Massacre. Chinese troops open fire on pro-democracy supports in Beijing
- Berlin Wall is demolished
- Cold Ware declared over
Rationalisation of branches commenced with Twickenham into Perivale, Cheltenham into Swindon and Newport Pagnell into Oxford. Founder of WGS.ink worked on NeXT computers at UCLA.
- Nelson Mandela released after 27 years imprisonment
- Both East and West Germany ratify reunification
Further rationalisation of Acton into Perivale, and set-up two sales teams being London and Middlesex sales.
- First Gulf War
- IRA attacks Downing Street with mortars
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee releases files describing his idea for the World Wide Web
1992 – 1996
Saw consistent sales growth witnessing dramatic changes in our traditional market place, traditional design supplies being replaced by computer consumables creating much lower margins and the entrance into our market place of Viking Direct and £bn American and French contract stationery supplies. Thus creating a very different competitor playing field.
- First exo-planet discovered
- OJ Simpson found not guilty
- End of conflict in former Yugoslavia
- First clamshell mobile phone
- Deep Blue becomes the first computer to beat Grandmaster at chess
- Osama bin Laden declares Holy War against America.
Wiles “Machine Consumables” division was formed to specialise in computer supplies
- Nelson Mandela and South African President F.W. de Klerk awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
Founder of WGS.ink begin their career by exploiting a gap in the market integrating Macs-Fiery-Canon CLC into London’s creative industry.
- Nelson Mandela sworn in as South Africa’s first black president
Saw the launch of our rolling 5-year business plan, handling consistent change and focusing on new working practices. As part of this plan we relocated Oxford to larger premises giving a base for future growth.
- Hong Kong returns to China
- Princess Dianna dies
- Steve Jobs returns to Apple as iCEO
- Kyoto conference on climate change
Wiles invested £100,000 in new computer system. Also we saw the merging of our Swindon and Oxford offices which was part of or 5-year plan to improve efficiencies.
- Bill Clinton lies about sex with Monica Lewinsky
- Good Friday agreement on Northern Island
In September Windsor became a stockless site, becoming another sales area for Perivale. Windsor still continued with a sales office and distribution presence.
- Kosovo war, NATO for the first time attacks a sovereign country
- The Day of Six Billion: the proclaimed 6 billionth living human in the world was born
Oxford office closed and 100% merged with Perivale.
- The Superjumbo jet aircraft Airbus A380 makes its first flight from Toulouse, France.
- Bomb blasts strike London’s public transport system during the morning rush hour killing 52 and injuring 700
Green World Supplies Ltd was acquired and the business merged into the Perivale office creating a company with joint turnover of £6 million.
- North Korea allegedly test first nuclear device
- A whale is discovered swimming in the Thames
- UK’s hottest month ever (July)
We started trading under the new company name Wiles Greenworld, Wiles Group Ltd remains as our registered holding company.
- Ian Paisley & Martin McGuiness lead NI government and earn the moniker the ‘Chuckle Brothers’
- British army leave Northern Ireland
- New Wembley Stadium officially opens
- Smoking ban becomes law in England
The company received The Sunday Time Best Green Company Award. Founder of WGS.ink achieved the highest ever FOGRA membership to the London Green 500.
- Barak Obama becomes first black president of USA
- Civil war ends in Sri Lanka
- Woollworth’s becomes latest casualty of switch to internet shopping and credit crunch
- Third runway officially approved at Heathrow, again
- Bank of England starts Quantitive Easing
The company acheived OSO 9001 nd 14001 accreditation with BSI. The Mayor of London’s Green 500 scheme awarded Wiles Greenworld the Diamond rating for its environmental performance, making Wiles Greenworlod one of only two recipients of the award in the whole history of the scheme.
The company received Sunday times Best Green Company Award.
The company acquired Ensiform Office Supplies.
- Deepwater Horizon explodes
- Greece’s debt downgraded to junk
The company awarded the 2nd Greenest Business in the UK by The Sunday Times.
- Start of the Arab spring
- Earthquake on the north coast of Japan triggers massive tidal wave and nuclear disaster
- Osama bin Laden killed
- CERN scientists announce their discovery of neutrinos breaking the speed of light
Moved to new, larger premises at Aintree Road.
- Boston Marathon bombing: 3 people killed and 183 injured after two explosions near the finish line
- Human stem cells are successfully cloned
The company invested in 82KWh of Solar PV for Perivale warehouse roof.
- Ukrainian revolution
- Mosul falls to IS
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 with 239 people disappears, prompting the most expensive search effort in history
Launched new Creative Technology division – Wiles Greenworld Systems as a 50/50 joint venture.
- India’s population officially reaches 1 billion
- Donald Trump launches his campaign for US President
- Queen Elizabeth II becomes Great Britain’s longest-reigning monarch
- Wiles Greenworld Systems becomes Xerox partner.
- Wiles Greenworld acquired by Commercial Group of Cheltenham
- Wiles Greenworld Systems rebrands as WGS.INK
- Commercial Group acquires 51% share in wgs.ink
- United Kingdom vote to leave the European Union in their “Brexit” referendum
- Republican Donald Trump is elected President of The United States of America
Creative Systems becomes Canon partner
Our Unique 4D Process
We investigate everything that may have a bearing on your aims. This could be a simple as the removal of surplus devices, or replacing older devices with newer ones.
Once we have floor plans, placement data and usage patterns, we can begin the design process using your business drivers as our guiding principle.
The installation is managed by our internal team and delivered by our professional engineers. We will recommend the correct media, locations and
power saving options.
Meet Our Team Members
Lee has an unsurpassed level of technical knowledge in Colour, Creative and Corporate markets over the past 25 years.
Lee has previously reinvented service for two leading organisations.
Matt has worked within the creative industry for almost 20 years.
Matt brings a wealth of trusted experience and advice to ensure that you stay ahead in this fast-paced industry.
TECHNICAL & COLOUR
Rich is the perfect balance to Matt’s exuberance.
He's been solving the industry’s Colour, 3D, Asset Management and Communication issues for the past two decades.
Hailing from the worlds of both Canon and Xerox, Leo brings a wealth of technical expertise.
Backed up by his Brazilian charm we are very lucky to have found our new boy wonder.
From the far distant shores of St Helena we found this hidden gem.
Whether it is fixing your copier, colour managing an entire workflow or power lifting - Kyle is your man. Another welcome addition to our amazing technical team.
Carol has a wealth of experience, after serving over 20 years in the industry.
Carol works efficiently in the background managing anything from toner deliveries to ensuring installations run smoothly. As the backbone of the business, where would we be without her!
Having headed up technology across diverse industries such as media, creative and finance, Toby knows how to make your infrastructure and IT team tick.
With a detailed knowledge of Support, Strategy and Security Toby brings both cutting edge and competence to our clients.
Ian started in our industry back in 1986, continuing to win new business and forge long-term relationships ever since.
With an encyclopaedic knowledge of the industry’s movers and shakers, Ian always has his clients’ best interests at heart.
In his previous role at Wiles Greenworld, Toby was responsible for strategy and the delivery of initiatives.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment and most recently served as their Chief Executive.
Today, as our Sustainability Director, Toby helps set a more sustainable direction for Creative Systems.
Sustainable and Socially Responsible
A founding principle of our business